Wednesday, April 1, 2009

hey mama, welcome to the '50s

I'm no June Cleaver (one checkered apron and a permi-smile short) but am tickled to report that I now cook dinner on a semi-regular basis - without flogging myself when things don't come out as planned. Go with the FLOW, I say. Let creativity reign! (It's much nicer than saying what I actually think: Eat it or beat it, suckers.)

I've also taken to making Scott's workday lunches, which (at his insistence) is invariably a turkey pastrami sandwich and a big Romaine salad. (Well, 'salad' is a generous description of what it actually is: a big GladWare container of chopped lettuce.)

A couple of weeks ago my cousins gave us a bag of School Kine Cookies, bite-sized chocolate chip shortbread yummies that I knew I had to hide if I expected them to last more than a couple of days. I put a few in his lunch every day and hide whatever's left. This morning, as he kissed me goodbye before leaving for work, he told me that the guys at work see the cookies as a barometer of our relationship's health. "When I only get three, they ask me what I did wrong last night," he said.

LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment